Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Don't forget to...

Breathe.

For anyone who has lifted weights or played sports, one thing they have always heard is "don't forget to breathe." This makes sense for obvious reasons, but rarely have I ever consciously thought about what that exactly means, and why it can be such a difference maker.

Since we have been doing these breathing exercises in class, I have become more aware of my breathing and the changes that occur due to the situation I am in.

Today I focused on exaggerating my breathing no matter what I was doing and where I was going, and I've got to say...I definitely felt more centered and had a pretty positive outlook on things. This is tough for me to admit because my Mom has been telling me for years that there is a special power to conscious breathing. Odds are that I still won't tell her about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment